Interactive Architect (2011 - Present)
Undisclosed Insurance Client, Interactive Architect (Nov 2017 - Present)
Front-end architecture and management of an international front-end team building an administrative user portal.
- Hybrid architecture of server-generated HTML and React/Redux components
- Integration with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
IntegraMed Fertility, Interactive Architect (Nov 2016 - Present)
Development of advanced pieces of functionality for a series of business- and consumer-facing portals.
- Leveraged React, Redux, and Redux Form frameworks
- Integration with a NodeJS back-end API server
MindSight Direct by Isobar, Interactive Architect (Oct 2016 – Nov 2016)
Architecture setup and managing a front-end team for a multi-step React application.
- Initial architecture setup using React, Redux, and Redux Form frameworks
- Customization of Thymeleaf server-side HTML templates
Undisclosed Sportswear Client, Interactive Architect (Aug 2016 – Oct 2016)
Architecture exploration for a potential redesign of client's main marketing and e-commerce experience.
- Created working React/Redux architecture prototype showcasing homepage content, product detail page, and product listing page
- Demonstrated how React layer would integrate data from Tridion CMS, DemandWare, BazaarVoice, and Olapic to create a seamless experience
- Developed in-place language-switching functionality to demonstrate localization approach
Scottrade, Online Apply, Interactive Architect (Feb 2016 – Aug 2016)
Development of complex supporting architecture for a branching, multi-step account application process.
- React JS framework with Backbone data model
- Localization support for three languages
- Met WCAG level AA web accessibility requirements
- Integration with .NET back-end API server and Adobe AEM CMS
Scott & White Health Plan, Site Redesign, Interactive Architect (Jun 2015 – Feb 2016)
Technical lead for full-stack team creating a CMS-driven public site and Angular-powered user portal.
- Fully-responsive, multi-domain jQuery site driven off a DotNetNuke CMS instance
- Responsible for full CMS implementation: content build-out and HTML/CSS/JS theming
- Delivery of HTML/CSS templates for the user portal
- Technical guidance and bug fixing assistance for client tech team implementing the Angular portal
NBC Universal, TV Everywhere for Apple TV, Interactive Architect (Feb 2015 – Jun 2015)
- Developed app framework for first release by USA Networks but architected for general use by any NBC property and tested with various network content
- Integration with thePlatform video hosting
NBC Sports, Radius Fitness, Interactive Architect (Jun 2014 – Feb 2015)
Led front-end team creating brand-new fitness video subscription site built on Drupal CMS.
- Fully-responsive jQuery site with custom-implemented video player powered by thePlatform hosting
- Worked closely with Drupal architects in creating the technical architecture
- Site won MITX award in Healthcare/Wellness/Pharmaceutical Marketing category
Mackenzie Investments, Site Redesign, Interactive Architect (Apr 2013 – Jun 2014)
Development of core functionality for responsive redesign of public-facing investment firm site.
- Leveraged Highcharts charting library, AMD pattern with RequireJS, integration with OpenText CMS
- Primary liaison between Isobar and client tech teams for several months overseeing careful integration with a user account system
- Built out significant customizations of Nightwatch/Selenium automated front-end testing suite
- Met WCAG level AA web accessibility requirements
- Site ranked #1 financial advisor website in Canada by Kasina
MSG Networks, Site Redesign, Lead Interactive Developer (Jul 2012 – Apr 2013)
Led front-end team pioneering Isobar’s responsive design process on NYC sports cable television site.
- Fully-responsive jQuery site powered by Adobe CQ5 CMS, integrated with thePlatform video hosting
- Created prototype to prove feasibility and demonstrate to design team how responsive layouts work
- Worked closely with designers to create brand-new, breakpoint-driven process for comps/wires
- Implemented NBA/NHL second-screen “gamestream” experience, updated in real-time during live sports television broadcast
Motorola, MOTOACTV Fitness Tracker Portal, Lead Interactive Developer (Sep 2011 – Jul 2012)
Led front-end team developing the companion web portal to Motorola’s MOTOACTV fitness smartwatch.
- jQuery site with Highcharts and Google Maps library integration
- Running on a Java Spring back-end and Apache Cassandra database
Senior Software Engineer (2007 - 2011)
- Front-end lead for a team leveraging Sencha Touch and PhoneGap to create Pega's first mobile app
- Primary creator and owner of Pega's skin-creation tool, allowing non-technical users to perform vast customization of look-and-feel for applications created via Pega's proprietary application development environment, auto-generating and optimizing large amounts of CSS
- Chaired weekly Scrum Community meetings focused on process improvement and education as Pega underwent a two-year process to convert from a waterfall process to Scrum/Agile; also served as ScrumMaster for two Scrum teams working on UI auto-generation tools and Case Management
- Presented technical demos at PegaWORLD 2010 and PegaWORLD 2011 conferences
Software Developer (2006 - 2007)
- Sole designer and developer of a PHP/MySQL system modeled after Gmail's interface for the data security department to manage a multi-step workflow for incoming security requests - replaced an outdated COBOL-based system and met Section 508 web accessibility requirements
- Created a Java-based report generator with an easy-to-use interface that converted English phrases into SQL for selection of which data to include in the report, interfaced with three separate Oracle databases, joined the data together as necessary, and generated the appropriate report as a PDF